Monday, May 19, 2014

Blog #5- Response to "Mark R. Digital Story"

Nicholas Sparks writes, “In the end, people should be judged by their actions, since in the end, it was actions that defined everyone.” 

The digital stories that I have heard and witnessed have been moving and incredibly interesting, but one in particular has been in my mind since I watched it. Mark Ravinsky's story about the language of dance struck me in particular because it was incredibly unexpected, refreshing and real. I never really spoke to Mark in class, but his responses to questions have always been intellectual and deep, hinting at another layer that may not meet the eye..but nothing prepared me for his story.

Mark's love for dance and outside cultures spoke to my mind because I have the same love and respect for the variety and beauty the world has to offer. Being of a Russian descent, and not being encouraged to seek out friends from other cultures fueled Mark's desire to branch out and develop his own mind...something I truly admire. At first glance, Mark is a tallArtistically, the video itself was beautifully done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment